[PD-dev] audioindev with several devices

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Mon Sep 17 15:06:39 CEST 2007

I have only done this in Linux, but here are some thoughts:

 - are your device numbers *really* 2 and 13? In my experience, they start
at 1, and are numbered sequentially, meaning that you'd have to have a lot
of sound cards in your system to get all the way up to 13.
 - when you list channels, you typically give a number of channels for each
sound device that you're using, and I always list in and out separately, as
in:

-audiodev 1,2 -inchannels 2,2 -outchannels 2,2
(meaning that I'm using devices 1 and 2, and each one has 2 ins and 2 outs)
-David M.

On 9/16/07, João Miguel Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to use two soundcards for input, my built-in stereo soundmax and
> an rme multiface (for output only the rme). I tried the following
> parameters,
>
> asio
> audioindev 2,13 (2 is soundmax, 13 the rme)
> audiooutdev 12
> channels 18
> audiobuf 40
>
> but it didn't work, only one device was taken by pd, the rme. Is it
> possible in windows to have 2 different soundcards working?
>

> Thank you,
>
> João Miguel Pais
>
> --
> Friedenstr. 58