[PD-dev] Who made pddplink look like a hyperlink?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Sep 17 19:25:20 CEST 2007

Hey!!!

Who fixed PDDP link?!?!!? (to look like a real link!)

A huge thanks to whoever did the work.

I have a couple of suggestions though:

1. It should turn purple when the link is visited (as the ol standard)
(-fill #551a8b)

2. It should have an underline to look like a real hyperlink, so people
don't think of it as a roll-over comment or something.

This is more tricky, an "underline" font could be useful in PD in
general, which would mean adding something like the following to the
pd-extended font hacks in pd.tk: (or it could be done in pddplink and be
a private underlined font)

# start Pd-extended font hacks -----------------------------

# Pd-0.39.2-extended hacks to make font/box sizes the same across platform
puts stderr "tk scaling is [tk scaling]"
tk scaling 1

# this font is for the Pd Window console text
font create console_font -family $defaultFontFamily -size 12 -weight normal
# this font is for text in Pd windows
font create text_font -family {Times} -size 14 -weight normal
# for text in Properties Panels and other panes
font create highlight_font -family $defaultFontFamily -size 14 -weight bold
# Underlined text for PDDPlink++
font create text_font_underline -family {Times} -size 14 -weight normal
-underline 1

# end Pd-extended font hacks -----------------------------

The itemconfigure -font text_font_underline should underline something.

3. Marius mentioned it not working in GOP, I've not had a chance to look
at it, but my popup external used to not work in a GOP, and that was
fixed (by Guenter Geiger I believe?) so that same fix in popup should be
easy to add to [image] and [pddplink] to make them work in GOPs. (Not to
mention Yves externals)

4. Seems pddplink is not linking to local file (.pd files) properly, it
does not seem to do anything when that is the target. (with file:// or
just the absolute path /usr/bleh/file.pd)

Thank you!!!!