[PD-dev] repository layout

David Plans Casal dataflow at davidcasal.com
Mon Sep 17 22:50:14 CEST 2007

On 14 Sep 2007, at 05:23, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> One last comment on this topic: since SVN is supposed to handle moves
> so well, why don't we defer the very contensious issues of
> reogranizing the directories and tags/branches until after we have
> the SVN repository working nicely?  It seems that it is too much to
> deal with all at once via email.

because it is perfectly possible to have both cvs and svn on SF in
the same project, this works and means we can apply lazy consensus to
IOhannes simply tidying up after posting something like 'I'm about to
can the following', which is great, so I agree. Plus, some of us feel
much more confident working in SVN so we'd be able to help more at
the nasty build-system end (here's hoping).

> Also, that makes me think that there should be a (IRC?) meeting about
> the move to SVN first, then later about reorganizing

throw some dates around?

David