[PD-dev] Who made pddplink look like a hyperlink?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Sep 18 01:41:37 CEST 2007

On Sep 17, 2007, at 1:25 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hey!!!
>
> Who fixed PDDP link?!?!!? (to look like a real link!)
>
> A huge thanks to whoever did the work.

> I have a couple of suggestions though:
>
> 1. It should turn purple when the link is visited (as the ol standard)
> (-fill #551a8b)
>
> 2. It should have an underline to look like a real hyperlink, so
> people
> don't think of it as a roll-over comment or something.
>
> This is more tricky, an "underline" font could be useful in PD in
> general, which would mean adding something like the following to the
> pd-extended font hacks in pd.tk: (or it could be done in pddplink
> and be
> a private underlined font)
>
> # start Pd-extended font hacks -----------------------------
>
> # Pd-0.39.2-extended hacks to make font/box sizes the same across
> platform
> puts stderr "tk scaling is [tk scaling]"
> tk scaling 1
>
> # this font is for the Pd Window console text
> font create console_font -family $defaultFontFamily -size 12 -
> weight normal
> # this font is for text in Pd windows
> font create text_font -family {Times} -size 14 -weight normal
> # for text in Properties Panels and other panes
> font create highlight_font -family $defaultFontFamily -size 14 -
> weight bold
> # Underlined text for PDDPlink++
> font create text_font_underline -family {Times} -size 14 -weight
> normal
> -underline 1
>
> # end Pd-extended font hacks -----------------------------
>
> The itemconfigure -font text_font_underline should underline
> something.

You can always check the CVS logs:

http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/miXed/pddp/
pddplink.c

Oh wait, that's me! ;)  I tweaked it up a bit ago.  I looked into
underline and changing color after visiting, but that would take
substantial modifications.

> 3. Marius mentioned it not working in GOP, I've not had a chance to
> look
> at it, but my popup external used to not work in a GOP, and that was
> fixed (by Guenter Geiger I believe?) so that same fix in popup
> should be
> easy to add to [image] and [pddplink] to make them work in GOPs.
> (Not to
> mention Yves externals)
>
> 4. Seems pddplink is not linking to local file (.pd files)
> properly, it
> does not seem to do anything when that is the target. (with file:// or
> just the absolute path /usr/bleh/file.pd)

I believe that Kzrysztof setup in the Tcl webserver for that.  I
think URL associations would work better IMHO, (i.e. file:/// is
associated to the browser of your choosing).  The Tcl webserver
doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

.hc