[PD-dev] I am really confused by this C problem - (solved)

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 03:03:07 CEST 2007

Hi Jamie, and the devlist,

Turns out you don't need t_symbol *s after all. It is the cause of the problem, but how I'm not sure, so federico was right about the arguments to the method. I'm sure someone told me in Montreal that you needed the symbol, but since it isn't used in the method it makes perfect sense that it's only for calling the method.

Simple really! I'll post to CVS tomorrow when I've tidied up.

thanks for testing and proving I wasn't in a dreamworld - so now to bed ;D
Ed

Jamie Bullock <jamie at postlude.co.uk> wrote: On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 12:41 +0200, federico wrote:
> float (t_float) and int (wich you specified with %d) have an
> incompatible bit arrangement.
>
> so it is wrong doing:
>
>     t_float x = 8.0;
>     post("%d", x);
>
> you surely will get an inconsistent result.
> better you do an explicit cast:
>
>     post("%d", (int)x);

Yes, but that doesn't fix Ed's problem, using the explicit cast just
gives a different incorrect result. I had a little play with the code
and couldn't get it to work either.

I'm also confused by the problem, and curious to know the solution...

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk

Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com