[PD-dev] error handlers

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 12:06:22 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I've just been looking through source code from cvs, picking at random, and looking for an example of the
void error (char *fmt, ...) from the externals howto.

I can't find one anywhere!

Am I stating the obvious here? It's just that this means that PD patches made using anything other than internals are almost impossible to debug if they're extremely complex like mine is: there simply isn't a way of finding out where the errors are occurring.

I think, IOhannes, if you could explain to me precisely how to use this function, I would be willing to (slowly) go through and make some changes. This is a massive hole in PD!!!!!

Could PD or desiredata have a step-trace function, like MAX?

Ouch!
Ed

Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com
http://www.myspace.com/sharktracks