[PD-dev] pdlua: volatile objects...?

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Sep 23 15:58:18 CEST 2007

Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
>> hi list, hi claude.

[snip]

>> would this be easy to implement?
>
> Not too hard, hopefully, but not trivial either.

I found it rather harder than I expected (eg: what is the rationale
behind the type of class_addcreator()?), so I wrote a dirty quick class
(in Lua) that lets you load/reload scripts at object initialization
time.  Doesn't have a reload method because iolet counts may change.
See "luax-help.pd".

> Also I plan [lua] to have an inlet/method where you can send names of
> scripts to be executed, which could be useful for quickly modifying some
> classes/objects without having to restart Pd.

This is done, also quick and dirty, neither:
  "load foo"--[lua]  (which runs 'foo.lua')
nor:
  [luax foo]  (which grabs an initialization function from 'foo.luax')
use the pd path yet.  Shouldn't be hard to fix.

Claude