[PD-dev] FFTW, Mayer, Ooura

David Plans Casal dataflow at davidcasal.com
Tue Sep 25 11:46:05 CEST 2007

Hello,

Just wondering, I realise we're still in mayer_fft time, and that
there is an FFTW patch out there. However, I remember Miller saying
he was using Ooura, but I can't see this being committed to CVS at all.

Some of us are trying to use FFTW instead of mayer, but finding that
initialisation times can be a problem, and that we could rather use
an FFT library that is more DSP chain friendly. I assume Miller's
choice of Ooura has to do with that? (more speed than mayer, faithful
to dsp chain?)

Is anyone else out there using Ooura fft? Any idea of timeline for it
to make it into the sources?

David