[PD-dev] Pd code formatter?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 17:27:19 CEST 2007

--- Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Having common code formats is standard practice in any well organized
> projects (check the Linux and GNU standards for examples).  Many have
> it done autmoatically when you check your code in to the repository.
>
> .hc

I think automatic reformatting is the only way - unless a project wants
too repell developers.

For example, I understand my own code only if it formatted my way; whenever
I inherit code from somebody else in order to understand it I first reformat
it my way.

But, of course, I assume the same applies to others, i.e. each person prefers
his/her formatting style.

So, automatic reformatting upon check in is the only way to reconcile different
styles without forcing developers to write the code in an unnatural for them way.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/