[PD-dev] introducing myself. was Re: can pdvjtools have a place in your cvs external repository?

Lluis Gómez i Bigordà lluisgomez at hangar.org
Tue Oct 2 13:15:13 CEST 2007

hi all,

my name is Lluís Gómez i Bigordà,

I was born in Terrassa, a little town near Barcelona, in 1975.

When i was a child i started to study music and play guitar, and since
then the passion for music is following me for all my life.

In 94 finished my bachelor technical studies in Terrassa and went to
university to study Computer Sience.

Arround 98 is the first time i hear about the GNU project and started to
learn about it ... At the same time I was involved in some social
movements, in a hardcore band, and an art collective called
"r3/alternatiuX", then was the first time i decided to use
technology to make art. We where using old computers and obsolette
ray-tracer software to make video installations for some time.

In 2002, a friend fowarded me an email about a PD-workshop by Gunter
Geiger in Barcelona, since then i consider myself a pd-addict.

The "r3" art collective becomes an audiovisual performance band where 5
people play together using pd to make realtime audio and video
sicronized over network.

In 2003 i meet Yves Degoyon in Barcelona, i was playing in a festival
using pidip and he was doing a presentation about it. We collaborated
together sometimes since then, organaizing pd-workshops, playing
together, working in patches, and in new objects.
I'm a newbee in the software development, but step by step i'm trying to
learn more about the pd development ... my first pd object was the
pdp_colorgrid.

Actually i'm working in hangar, a center for audiovisual production in
Barcelona, and i'm involved in the open.PD.workgroup that meets every
thursday in hangar. There is where Sergi, and me (and lots of more
people) are working in this new objects and other stuff.

nice to meet you ;)

ll.

El dj 27 de 09 del 2007 a les 22:51 -0400, en/na Hans-Christoph Steiner
va escriure: