[PD-dev] openpanel length limit on OSX and linux

Tim Boykett tim at timesup.org
Thu Oct 4 12:20:32 CEST 2007

Hello Devers,

   I have found a strange problem with openpanel on OSX and linux. If
I open
a file with a long name, including the whole directory, then
it gets cropped at  around 80 characters (maybe 78 or 79).
I have tested this on a debian 0.40 install and the latest OSX extended.
I cannot see where this 80 character
restriction might come from - looking at the source there seems to be no
place that it is mentioned within the PD code.

I hope someone can help. It does not seem to be a problem with symbol
lengths.

Cheers,

tim