[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1817858 ] divide by zero when scrolling patch window

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 22 14:42:33 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1817858, was opened at 2007-10-22 14:42
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1817858&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.40.2

Initial Comment:
Hi,

Sometimes, when scrolling a big patch window full of a lot of gop-enabled abstraction instances, BY MEANS OF THE SCROLLING WHEEL OF THE MOUSE, an error message dialog pops up, titled "Application error" which says "Error: divide by zero". If I click on "details", it reads the following:

""""
divide by zero
divide by zero
    while executing
"expr -abs(0)/0"
    invoked from within
"pdtk_canvas_scroll .x9a4e60.c y [expr -abs(0)/0]"
    (command bound to event)
""""

Pd does not crash nor hang, it keeps working even while the dialog is open, and it keeps working when I close the dialog by hitting "OK".

It happens apparently at random times, but if I do a lot of scrolling up and down and up and down i'm almost sure to reproduce it within less than a minute.

It seems it does not happen when scrolling by dragging the scroll bar, only when using the mouse' scroll wheel.

And I guess it only happens with huge patches full of gui, as it had never happened to me before.