[PD-dev] SVN?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Oct 23 18:11:41 CEST 2007

> I don't know much about git, but what I have read this would defenitely
> be an option.
> Then also synching developer and millers version should be easier if I
> understood that correctly ?
>
> What do the others think ?

i recently started using git for nova, it is really an extremely
powerful tool, compared to cvs/svn ...
especially for nonlinear distributed development it is far more suited
than cvs/svn ... also maintaining parallel branches is way easier ...

however i am not sure, if it is the right tool for the pd developer
community, which seems to be quite conservative in terms of which tools
are used ... beside that, i am not sure, how access to specific parts of
the repository can be restricted ...

best, tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

Happiness is a byproduct of function, purpose, and conflict; those who
seek happiness for itself seek victory without war.
  William S. Burroughs