[PD-dev] Mac OS X Universal Builds

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 01:52:03 CEST 2007

> Anyone know anything about Mac OS X Universal builds?  The Pd-
> extended and Pd build systems need to be updated to a sane, Mac OS X-
> style universal build system.  Right now, each does different things,
> and neither is correct. :D
>
> I am scared to face it alone :'-(

Heh.. :)
As far as I understand it's basically a matter of adding these gcc arguments:
"-arch i386 -arch ppc"

Or alternatively compiling two separate versions and combining them
with the "lipo" tool.

However I've had some trouble in the past with machines that are not
configured correctly to cross-compile.  (Hence the second method,
which is sometimes easier, using an actual ppc machine and an actual
i386 machine.)  But I think if XCode has been installed recently it
should work.

Steve