[PD-dev] Tcl loader and API

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 24 03:45:00 CEST 2007

Now that I am wrestling with wrestling with the GUI API, I am
thinking that it probably makes more sense to write a Tcl/Tk API and
loader to allow you to write GUI objects completely in Tcl/Tk.

I think this is the idea that Krzysztof had in mind when he wrote
widget.  That was before Thomas' loaders and the CLR API.  Now I
think it shouldn't be too hard to turn [widget] into a loader and API.

Any thoughts, ideas, etc. on this?  I am not the Tcl or loader
expert, so I'd like to hear from people how feasible and useful they
think this will be.

----

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic