[PD-dev] Tcl loader and API

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 24 04:44:56 CEST 2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 10:43 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>> Now that I am wrestling with wrestling with the GUI API, I am
>> thinking that it probably makes more sense to write a Tcl/Tk API
>> and  loader to allow you to write GUI objects completely in Tcl/Tk.
>> I think this is the idea that Krzysztof had in mind when he wrote
>> widget.  That was before Thomas' loaders and the CLR API.  Now I
>> think it shouldn't be too hard to turn [widget] into a loader and
>> API.
>> Any thoughts, ideas, etc. on this?  I am not the Tcl or loader
>> expert, so I'd like to hear from people how feasible and useful
>> they  think this will be.
>> .hc
>
>  I'm not an expert at all, but I've got an idea (that originaly
> come from matju), what about an external that simply do something
> like this?
>
> sys_vgui("package require %guiobject\n", guiobject)

Matju just pointed out that I missed Federico's post that he has
created just this:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2007-09/009471.html

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler