[PD-dev] [ANN] mostly for devs and tcl'ers: tclpd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 24 05:04:24 CEST 2007

Ok, now I am going thru your readme, here are some first thoughts.

- About the symbol/float stuff, I think Pd is intended to always
reduce atoms to their elemental type based on their content.
Therefore, {symbol 123} shouldn't really exist.  For the most part in
Pd, it doesn't.  Therefore, I think it would be better to just use
normal Tcl lists, at least for now.  Plus, I think Pd's type handling
is partially modeled after Tcl's.

- what I'd really like to see is the GUI API in Tcl.  I starting
writing down ideas here: http://puredata.org/dev/GUIs  feel free to
edit, add, etc.

I'd like to help make native tcl gui objects a reality, but I don't
know swig or C++.  I can help in other ways, like adding it to Pd-
extended (surprise, surprise).

.hc