[PD-dev] SVN?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 25 05:14:23 CEST 2007

I think it doesn't matter whether I have to do a 'git pull' or a 'patch'
to apply patches.  The hard thing for me with patches is that I feel
I should understand the patch fully and believe it both works and that
it won't make future trouble.  For the last month or more I've been
working on HC's font patch, trying to adapt it so that it's bug-free
but still accomplishes HC's aim.

Another thing is that, git or svn or whatever, I don't like to make code
available to others until I believe it works.  I'd feel uncomfortable putting
every little 'commit' up for the whole Pd community to stumble over.
Roght now, for instance, my own copy of Pd is out of order until I can
find a path through the font mess.

I don't think the GPL/BSD thing applies much to patches; I always assume
that patches that show up on sourceforge fall under Pd's license unless
otherwise noted.

cheers
Miller