[PD-dev] SVN?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 25 20:10:55 CEST 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Chris McCormick wrote:

> On the other hand it might change nothing and everyone will continue to
> refuse to merge good patches and fork eachothers code bases.

When the policy is to refuse any patch that don't add or fix any
functionality, and to refuse any part of a patch that doesn't add or fix
any functionality, and to aim for the smallest patches possible, the whole
project necessarily decreases in some form of quality that users are
oblivious to, but that determines the level of difficulty of any further
improvement.

Switching to svn or git doesn't fix policy problems.

> Maybe it has more to do with license issues, such as most developers
> releasing source under the GPL whilst Miller releases under the BSD?

No. Patches to Pd itself are all assumed to be SIBSD'd unless explicitly
stated otherwise, and I have never seen someone requesting to add GPL'd
code directly into Pd.