[PD-dev] Mac OS X Universal Builds

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Sun Oct 28 14:19:13 CET 2007

On 26/10/2007, at 19.43, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 6:02 AM, Steffen Juul wrote:
>

>> On 23/10/2007, at 22.55, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know anything about Mac OS X Universal builds?  The Pd-
>>> extended and Pd build systems need to be updated to a sane, Mac
>>> OS X-
>>> style universal build system.
>>
>> I consider it a feature that they are separate.
>
> There are some advantages to having them separate.  It think
> overall, it'll make life easier.  Plus you can always strip a
> universal package to just one CPU type.

I see from the CVS log that you've postponed the Universal build.
Maybe the download stats of the new release can be used as a pointer
wrt if it makes life easier. If there is a great imbalance
then it might be nicer, from a users perspective, to keep them separate.

I wont bother you with it no more - no worries.

Best, Steffen