[PD-dev] Mac OS X Universal Builds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 28 17:09:24 CET 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 9:19 AM, Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 26/10/2007, at 19.43, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> I consider it a feature that they are separate.
>>
>> There are some advantages to having them separate.  It think
>> overall, it'll make life easier.  Plus you can always strip a
>> universal package to just one CPU type.
>
> I see from the CVS log that you've postponed the Universal build.
> Maybe the download stats of the new release can be used as a
> pointer wrt if it makes life easier. If there is a great imbalance
> then it might be nicer, from a users perspective, to keep them
> separate.
>
> I wont bother you with it no more - no worries.
>
> Best, Steffen

Well, it's a question of doing the work...  it turned out to be not
that easy, and I'm sick of build issues :)

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom