[PD-dev] getting the classname in an class

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 28 23:45:48 CET 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 3:38 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> On Oct 26, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Martin Peach wrote:
>>
>> Any specific suggestions?  You mean casting as (entry_class) or
>> something like that?
>
> you have to copy the struct definitions from whereever to your file.
> look at "iem/iemguts/src/saveargs.c"
>
> fmasdr
> IOhannes

I tried this in entry_new() and entry_save(), and in both, "binbuf"
ends being nothing useful (i.e. segfault):

     t_glist *glist = (t_glist *) canvas_getcurrent();
     t_canvas *canvas = (t_canvas*) glist_getcanvas(glist);
     t_binbuf *binbuf = canvas->gl_obj.te_binbuf;
     t_atom *ap = binbuf_getvec(binbuf);
     t_symbol *classname = atom_getsymbol(ap);

What's going on here?  Am I doing something wrong?

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith