[PD-dev] working towards Pd-0.40.3-extended

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Mon Oct 29 11:42:03 CET 2007

On 28/10/2007, at 1.35, Steffen Juul wrote:

> I've been meaning to try that for quite some time. That and then apply
> some of the patches that i like. We'll see how it goes, when it goes.

I had success building pd-0.41-0test06 for Intel Mac OS X. What I did
was:

- Made the following symlinks in /Library/Frameworks to link to the
-- in resent versions of Mac OS X -- included version of Tcl/TK:
/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework -> /System/Library/Frameworks/
Tcl.framework
/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework -> /System/Library/Frameworks/
Tk.framework

- Downloaded the src from Millers site

- Unpacked

- cd'ed to the src folder

- ran ./configure

- did not run 'make depend' as the INSTALL.txt said since them same
file refers to a HTML document (ie. the Pd manual) that say one are
just to run 'make' and doesn't mention 'make depend' at all.
Confusing, but...

- ran make

But i didn't get a '.app' application out of it.

I've tried to manually follow the instructions in CVSROOT/packages/
darwin_app/Makefile but whit out much luck. I'm told that the
application is either incomplete or corrupted. I'll give it a few
more shots, but i have a question now also: Does it make a difference
if one use `install` to make the dir's and move in the files as
opposed to use `mkdir` and `mv`/`cp`?

When i've completed building a '.app' application i'll put the info
up on http://puredata.info/docs/developer/MacOSXApp

This was the building part. Now the apply patches part. Before i
blast it all i'd like to know if i could be of any help wrt pd-
extended? Is the next Pd-extended aimaed at the 0.41 version of Pd or
the 0.40 version? Are there any particular patches i could be helpful
trying to apply? I can say for my part i'm mostly interested in those
that alter the GUI.

Best, Steffen