[PD-dev] pdp's mmx support

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 29 19:50:42 CET 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 1:38 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> I just saw that PDP has some MMX assembly (old school ;).  Do you
>> think it would be worth turning on, even tho MMX seems to be
>> deprecated?
>
> why is MMX deprecated?
> especially, why do you consider MMX deprecated when there is no
> SSE2 code instead?
>

> mfg.asdr
> IOhannes

Well, AFAIK, there is no further development on MMX, while there is
with SSE.  And it seems that SSE is meant to replace MMX, instead of
complement it.  Plus if IIRC, MMX has some serious drawbacks to it.
It seems to be something like SSE v0 ;)

----

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic