[PD-dev] getting the classname in an class

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 29 20:16:35 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Perhaps atom_getsymbol(binbuf_getvec(x->x_obj.te_binbuf)) could be
> defined in m_pd.h as something like "class_getclassname"

this is along the lines of what i tried to suggest in my initial reply
to this thread (in the sf-ticket)

in addition to that i would like to have something like:

static void myobj_nicesavefn(t_myobj*x, t_symbol**name, int*argc,
t_atom**argv) { }

and the developer can decide to set (name) and/or (argc,argv) or leave
them to their initial state.
all the binbuf-bibabo with the typestrings should really be hidden
behind this.

mfgas.dr
IOhannes