[PD-dev] working towards Pd-0.40.3-extended

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Mon Oct 29 20:30:49 CET 2007

On 29/10/2007, at 16.10, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> First off, you'll have much better luck with this Tcl/Tk than the
> Apple ones.  The included ones are quite old, this is what I just
> upgraded the auto-builds to:
>
> http://idmi.poly.edu/pdlab/tcltk/

Not asking where you dug that up. How do you install it? When i dump
them into /Library/Frameworks (and remove the old symlinks) i can
still build Pd-0.41-test6 but when i run it it doesn't behave the
intended way. The console window appears but i can't open patches and
much of the menus are not working either. It "the same as" when i
build it before adding the before mentioned symlinks. I have the
feeling i'm doing something wrong, but i'm lost as to know what.

> The next version is aimed at 0.40.3, since I hope to release before
> Miller finishes his 0.41 cycle.

Cool. I'll work up against that one. First problem is that i don't
have success building it.  No matter what Tcl/Tk i use. With
"old" (shipped-in) Tcl/Tk it does build, but when i run it i get:

sh: line 1: /Applications/Wish.app/Contents/MacOS/Wish: No such file
or directory

This is (all) using the makefile Miller supplies -- or which is
rendered by ./configure.

I'll get back to and reply to the rest when i get to it. Not
forgotten. Defo interesting. Thanks!