[PD-dev] getting the classname in an class

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 29 21:23:52 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> If you had class_getclassname(), then it would be used in the existing
> savefn API, in the binbuf_addv().  I don't know enough to say how useful
> your proposal would be.

obviously it would work with the current savefn API.
it already does so, even without the class_getclassname().

i am rather thinking of an API that does not require you to think with a
knot in your head.
(for me the binbuf-shit is the weird stuff, not how to get the classname)

and even if (or somebody else) would think of a very nice api for
savefn, i would prefer to have to old one lying still around, as you can
do weird (and great) things with it, which you couldn't do with a simple
wrapper api.

fmasdr
IOhannes