[PD-dev] getting the classname in an class

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Oct 31 15:21:56 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> This looks good.  How about storing the symbols somewhere to save some symbol
> table lookups?
> t_symbol *poundx_symbol = gemsym("#X");
> t_symbol *obj_symbol = gemsym("obj");

There is already &s__X for the first one, but really, I don't think that
Pd uses savefn enough to warrant bothering with that kind of non-issue. In
Dd, however, savefn is used MUCH more often than in Pd, so, I could change
it if there wasn't any 1000-times-more-important optimisation I could work
on.