[PD-dev] request for access to cvs as pd developer

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 23:44:16 CET 2007

lets see if i can ask correctly this time...

I'd like to be added as a pd developer so I can commit externals and patches
I have been using.  These mainly include:
- [sdiflists] - an external for reading sdif files
- [SDIF-1TRC] - a patch for buffering SDIF 1TRC files (sinusoidal tracks,
usually retreived from Spear or Loris) in Pd's data structures, as well as a
rough way to visualize the data.
- [oscbank~] - an external for synthesizing sinusoidal tracks using an
oscillator bank.

The use of sinusoidal models has produces some amazing sounds for me, it
would be great to see if others can find useful ways of manipulating the
data (I also have some patches that manipulate short SDIF files, which I
call 'Trax', that are still quite buggy, but can produce amazing sounds that
are very realistic).

I would also like to help Hans with the organization of Pd-extended; hence
the discussion on getting the dollar sign patch into pd-extended
auto-builds.

About my history with Pd, I was introduced to it while at UCSD in the music
department.  I took several classes in developing audio plug-ins, which
started with pd externals.  I soon began using pd for live performances
because, as everyone here knows, it gives you great freedom when
manipulating sound.  I've spent the last 4 years or so learning to operate
linux, program in C/C++/pd, and using these systems to create electronic
music (the last part seems to get the least amount of attention so far).

regards,
rich