[PD-dev] gem vs. mrpeach strings?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 6 19:53:51 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I posted this on gem-dev before, IOhannes suggested that it might be
>related to the mrpeach string patch, which is included in the
>Pd-0.40.3-extended auto-builds:

I wonder why...I quickly looked at the gem source but couldn't find these
symbols. For instance,

>class_addmethod: 0x2b43260
>consistency check failed: class_addmethod: textextruded_string: bad
>argument types

The only place in the gem090 code I find anything at all like this is at
line 90 of textextruded.cpp:

void textextruded :: obj_setupCallback(t_class *classPtr)
{
  class_addmethod(classPtr, (t_method)&textextruded::depthMessCallback,
		  gensym("depth"), A_FLOAT, A_NULL);
}

I don't see anything relating to string here...but maybe that's not where
the error is coming from.

Martin