[PD-dev] gem vs. mrpeach strings?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 6 21:25:33 CET 2007

Quoting zmoelnig at iem.at:

> a quick test would be to use pd-extended's Gem with a vanilla pd.

ok, i now did following tests:

bin/pd from pd-extended with Gem from pd-extended:
  the error occurs

bin/pd from pd-extended with Gem from my local disk:
  the error occurs

bin/pd vanilla with Gem from pd-extended:
  the error does not occur

bin/pd vanilla with Gem from my local disk:
  the error does not occur

so the problem seems to be related to (not necessarily caused by)
something in the pd-extended binary.
the first thing that comes to my mind is still related to "string"s,
and this is unfortunately mrpeach's string-patch.

fmga.dsr
IOhannes