[PD-dev] MinGW build issues... help!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 7 22:38:14 CET 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> So the WinXP/MinGW/msys auto-builds have decided to freak out.  It
>> seems that gcc just randomly started ignoring /usr/local/include,
>> where the MinGW headers are...
>>
>> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2007-11-07/logs/
>> 2007-11-07_05.54.03_mingw32_nt-5.1_windowsxp-i386_pd-extended_run-
>> automated-builder.txt
>>
>> Anyone have an insight on this?  I ran the build manually and it
>> worked fine.  When I run the auto-build script, it doesn't find the
>> headers...
>
> The log says among other things:
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/stdlib.h', needed
> by `g_canvas.o'.  Stop.
>
> ...which looks like it can find the headers but is trying to build
> them instead of just including them.
> But why?
>
> Martin

Ah, doh, I wasn't reading the error message.. that is strange, why is
it trying to build a non-existant header file?  And suddenly, out of
the blue...

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom