[PD-dev] # converted to $

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Nov 8 09:43:11 CET 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> It seems that somewhere in Pd # chars are being converted to $ chars.
>> I imagine this is support Max users who are used to #1 vars. But I
>> don't know of any use of # in Pd and I would like to be able to use
>> webcolors as symbols (i.e. #ffbb00).
>
> No, it has nothing to do with Max, it has to do with Miller using it as

afaik, it was thomas musil who introduced the #/$ weirdness in the iemguis.

matju, it would be nice if you would not start a flame war against
miller at each and every single inconsistency found in pd-vanilla.
he is not the only one who has written code in pd-vanilla, lots of sh!t
has been thought of and implemented by others (like me).

fmga.dsr
IOhannes