[PD-dev] # converted to $

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 8 21:34:38 CET 2007

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> No, it has nothing to do with Max, it has to do with Miller using it as
> afaik, it was thomas musil who introduced the #/$ weirdness in the iemguis.
> matju, it would be nice if you would not start a flame war against miller at
> each and every single inconsistency found in pd-vanilla.

Yes, I am sorry.

> he is not the only one who has written code in pd-vanilla, lots of sh!t has
> been thought of and implemented by others (like me).

i know that "shit" is used in a rather neutral way on the street, but this
is not the street, and I encourage everybody to not use such language.

just for the record, I believe that pd-vanilla is a great piece of
software, especially considering how few bugs it has. It's just not what
I'd like it to be, but then, I can't help thinking about just more
features and designs all of the time. Whenever I say something about
pd-vanilla, keep in mind that I'm still using it, and that there are
reasons for that.

back to #/$ : i think it's fair enough for Thomas. A solution using
backslashes would have been trickier and prone to depend on current
behaviour of backslash, and I believe that the behaviour of backslashes
will change someday.