[PD-dev] gem vs. mrpeach strings?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Nov 9 20:02:52 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> What kind of other atom types are you thinking?  Like int?  I suppose to
> make Pd into a full-fledged programming language, it would be useful to
> be able to support things like 128-bit floats, 32-bit ints, etc..

well, yes, but that is not my concern now.
i would rather have that pd's native floating point format to be
settable at compile time, but that is something completely different.

what i would like to have is more along strings, gem-states,... and
other complex stuff.
i am not thinking about types that can be defined within the pd
environment, but rather outside (in C,...)

though the former might be interesting too...

> It would be good to have a clean way to support new atom types like
> strings, it also seems that this feature could open up a big can of worms.

how?

mgadr
IOhannes