[PD-dev] MinGW build issues... help!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 10 07:14:45 CET 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> So the WinXP/MinGW/msys auto-builds have decided to freak out.  It
>> seems that gcc just randomly started ignoring /usr/local/include,
>> where the MinGW headers are...
>>
>> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2007-11-07/logs/
>> 2007-11-07_05.54.03_mingw32_nt-5.1_windowsxp-i386_pd-extended_run-
>> automated-builder.txt
>>
>> Anyone have an insight on this?  I ran the build manually and it
>> worked fine.  When I run the auto-build script, it doesn't find the
>> headers...
>
> The log says among other things:
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/stdlib.h', needed
> by `g_canvas.o'.  Stop.
>
> ...which looks like it can find the headers but is trying to build
> them instead of just including them.
> But why?

Ok, now I can at least reproduce the problem.  Now when I manually
run the build on the auto-build machine, it does the same thing.  But
I still can't figure out why.

Any Windows people want to try building Pd using makefile.mingw to
see if it works for them?

----

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra