[PD-dev] overriding "internals"

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Nov 10 21:14:55 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2007, at 11:25 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> i guess, adding your libdir path to /etc/ld.so.conf disqualifies it
>> as "a simple package".
>>
>> i would really be interested in a solution for this.
>
> Thomas had this working with flext, I don't know the details, it's
> possible.  At the very least, you can have a mechanism like Pd does,
> opening it's own .so libs (aka .pd_darwin, .pd_linux, etc) without
> touching ld.conf.

no, the latter won't work, because the external depends on functions
provided by the libtkwidkget-library.
it will therefore refuse to load, unless the dynamic linker is able to
resolve the missing names during initialisation.

therefore i don't know how you would insert an explicit loader mechanism
(like the .l_i386 thing)

and i thought, libflext.so was installed into /usr/local/lib, no?

fma.sdr
IOhannes