[PD-dev] overriding "internals"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Nov 11 01:18:13 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007, at 3:14 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 2007, at 11:25 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>> i guess, adding your libdir path to /etc/ld.so.conf disqualifies
>>> it  as "a simple package".
>>>
>>> i would really be interested in a solution for this.
>> Thomas had this working with flext, I don't know the details,
>> it's  possible.  At the very least, you can have a mechanism like
>> Pd does,  opening it's own .so libs (aka .pd_darwin, .pd_linux,
>> etc) without  touching ld.conf.
>
> no, the latter won't work, because the external depends on
> functions provided by the libtkwidkget-library.
> it will therefore refuse to load, unless the dynamic linker is able
> to resolve the missing names during initialisation.
>
> therefore i don't know how you would insert an explicit loader
> mechanism (like the .l_i386 thing)
>

> and i thought, libflext.so was installed into /usr/local/lib, no?

Mac OS X and Windows both look in "." for libs to load, AFAIK.  I am
not sure about GNU/Linux, but I am sure there is a way.

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler