[PD-dev] Is this possible - List input to inlets other than the leftmost...

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 10:24:22 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:50:17 -0600
"Mike McGonagle" <mjmogo at gmail.com> wrote:

> From reading some of the docs, I got the impression that it is NOT
> possible to have any subsequent inlets allow for list input? Is this
> correct? Do you know why this is? I have some ideas that I would like
> to implement with lists on the second and third inlets...

Because of the distribution behaviour? A param list {p1, p2, p3}
on the leftmost gets distributed over inlets {i1, i2, i3}. If you
sent a list to i2 then how would it map? p1->i2, p2->i3...
No doubt you could make your object treat lists as you like,
but it would have to break this established behaviour I guess.

> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>

> --
> Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!
>
> "I place economy among the first and most important republican
> virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared.
> To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with
> perpetual debt."
> -- Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)
>
> "Give Peace a Chance" -- John Lennon (9 October 1940 _ 8 December 1980)
>
> Peace may sound simple_one beautiful word_ but it requires everything
> we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
> _Yehudi Menuhin (1916_1999), musician
>
> If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are probably right.
> _Mark Twain
>
> "Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV."
> Ani DiFranco

Use the source