[PD-dev] linker failure compiling Desire Data on Mac OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 13 04:00:48 CET 2007

I am trying to build DD, and I get this when linking:

g++ -dynamiclib -Wl,-single_module -ldl -lm -lpthread -framework Jack
-weak_framework Jack  -o libpd.dylib desire.o kernel.o builtins.o
builtins_dsp.o s_path.o s_inter.o s_main.o m_sched.o s_loader.o
d_soundfile.o d_ugen.o s_audio.o s_midi.o  s_audio_jack.o
s_midi_none.o m_fifo.o m_simd.o d_mayer_fft.o d_fftroutine.o
ld: Undefined symbols:
_sys_soundin
_sys_soundout
_sys_dacsr

It seems that these are only defined in the s_audio_mmio.c and
s_audio_oss.c.  On Mac OS X, I am using PortAudio, so it needs to be
defined elsewhere.  On Pd-0.40.3 vanilla, it is also defined in
s_audio.c.

----

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!