[PD-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 13 11:22:53 CET 2007

Hallo,
Jamie Bullock hat gesagt: // Jamie Bullock wrote:

> > I would think that making it such that it acted like 'textfile', that
> > with each bang sent to the sql object, that it would return each
> > subsequent row, and once the end of that set is reached, it would
> > output a bang on a second outlet, similar to what 'textfile' does.
> >

> Good idea! I'll add that too.

Actually I thought about this, too, but I'm not sure if it's really
useful. One of the strengths of SQL is, that you can limit the result
set manually. So if I'd want one row at a time, I'd design my SQL
query as such using LIMIT, and if I want more rows, I'd just use a
different LIMIT clause. Hardcoding this into the SQL class in my view
doesn't make much sense. (Using the last outlet to signal the end of
results like in [textfile] does make sense, though.)

Ciao