[PD-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD

jamie at postlude.co.uk jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 20:57:29 CET 2007

Hi Mike,

What platform are you on? Perhaps I could send you a binary for [psql]. It
seems like there are a few misunderstandings happening here due to people
using slightly different terminology, and I think it would be clearer to
you how psql operates if you could try it :)

> So, then, if you are just taking ALL the result sets as one big row,
> just how do you split the list up into individual pieces? Seems to me
> there is a lot of need to add a lot of processing code to the PD
> patch.

With [psql], if one query returns multiple rows, they are output from its
outlet as multiple Pd messages, where each message is a list of atoms.
Each list is prepended with an id which is generated by [psql]. This is
useful for programmatically determining how many rows have been returned,
and for establishing which query the results belong to in the case of
multiple queries sent sequentially.

Jamie