[PD-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD

jamie at postlude.co.uk jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 21:30:35 CET 2007

> I think you might have missed my point. The '1' will result in a
> 'float' message, and from what I can see of your code, this would get
> lost, as your float method doesn't insert it into the sqlStringStore.
> Could you test this?

You're right, i did miss the point! BUT, the float method was just used
for debugging, and should be taken out. If you look at the bottom of the
source file, psql_float() doesn't actually get added to the class's
methods. So, the external does the 'right thing' forwarding the ,1, as
part of the query. BTW, '1' is not a valid column name (neither are names
starting with a number), at least not in Postgres.

Jamie