[PD-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:17:24 CET 2007

And yet, I know that it is NOT a valid column name, I am not certain
if it is part of the 1992 SQL spec (which seems to be the "bible"),
but I know that it will just return the number as a CONSTANT in both
MySQL and SQLite. I will have to check on if this is in the spec.

Also, did you catch the other subtle problem with the class method
names like 'close'? If you add any class methods, those symbols used
to identify those methods can't be used in a comma separated list in
the SQL.

Mike

--
Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!

"I place economy among the first and most important republican
virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared.
To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with
perpetual debt."
-- Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

"Give Peace a Chance" -- John Lennon (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980)

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician

If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are probably right.
—Mark Twain

"Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV."
Ani DiFranco