[PD-dev] GUIs and loadbang

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 13 22:24:46 CET 2007

So all of the Tk widgets that I am using save their own state while
they are running, then I am planning on querying them when the savefn
is called to save their state, and of course, do the opposite when
opening.

The big question for me is what to do is how to handle loadbanged
messages which change that state (the Tk widgets aren't instantiated
yet) and what to do with messages received when the object
instantiated without a GUI representation.

So... I guess I am looking for the über-clever hack that means I
don't have to keep a parallel data structure in C space...

----