[PD-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:29:17 CET 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike McGonagle <mjmogo at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 13, 2007 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [PD-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD
To: "jamie at postlude.co.uk" <jamie at postlude.co.uk>

Jamie,

I was just noticing another thread where Hans asked about the [entry]
object. Have you tried to use this with your 'psql'? It looks very
interesting, although, it does not output as if it were a message.
Basically, when I typed in some text...

select id, name from mytable where x = 2;

and it output a list as

list select id\\, name from mytable where x = 2\\\;

yes, the escape characters are there, and there is a comma...

Just a thought. I will try this at home tonight on my stuff...

Thank,

Mike

--
Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!

"I place economy among the first and most important republican
virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared.
To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with
perpetual debt."
-- Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

"Give Peace a Chance" -- John Lennon (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980)

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician

If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are probably right.
—Mark Twain

"Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV."
Ani DiFranco