[PD-dev] GUIs and loadbang

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 14 00:45:49 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 5:50 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> Patrice Colet a écrit :
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>> So all of the Tk widgets that I am using save their own state
>>> while  they are running, then I am planning on querying them when
>>> the savefn  is called to save their state, and of course, do the
>>> opposite when  opening.
>>>
>>> The big question for me is what to do is how to handle
>>> loadbanged  messages which change that state (the Tk widgets
>>> aren't instantiated  yet) and what to do with messages received
>>> when the object  instantiated without a GUI representation.
>>>
>>> So... I guess I am looking for the über-clever hack that means I
>>> don't have to keep a parallel data structure in C space...
>>>
>>> .hc
>>  Hello,
>>  It seems you need to serialize your widgets, this exemple might
>> be in help:
>>  http://wiki.tcl.tk/9168
> one more time, I didn't understood the question, forget this...

Well, this was useful nonetheless.  I was thinking of writing this in
C, but perhaps I should use this Tcl function you sent.

----

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson