[PD-dev] Fwd: [PD] who is using [entry]?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:49:50 CET 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike McGonagle <mjmogo at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 13, 2007 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [PD] who is using [entry]?
To: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>

On 11/13/07, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2007, at 4:31 PM, Mike McGonagle wrote:
>
> > Well, Hans, I never knew about this, but now that the cat is out of
> > the bag... you ain't gonna put it back in so easily...
>
> > This would be great in working with SQL, as using messages to type in
> > stuff is a little cumbersome, as creating them requires edit mode,
> > while this...
>
> Cool, you can test it for me ;)

I'd be happy to... One thing I noticed when playing with this, is that
it allows for ',' and ';' characters. They are escaped in the output.
I was planning on testing this tonight to see exactly what sorts of
objects there are in the list.

At the same time, this might require that there be two different
methods of inputting the SQL to send to the server, as the version
that Jamie has is expecting everything in "message" format, which
assumes that ',' have to be reinserted when an SQL statement contains
comma's.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Help the Environment, Plant a Bush back in Texas!

"I place economy among the first and most important republican
virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared.
To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with
perpetual debt."
-- Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect and author (1743-1826)

"Give Peace a Chance" -- John Lennon (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980)

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician

If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are probably right.
—Mark Twain

"Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV."
Ani DiFranco