[PD-dev] Pd Strings

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 14 06:43:29 CET 2007

HI all,

I don't have answers to all these, but I'm sure that adding a string ytpe
to Pd isn't the roght way to handle these problems.  But specifically:

1.  spaces in symbols are a parsing/formatting problem, not a data type
problem; 2. use arrays as strings as I proposed; 3.  I have to think about
that one some more (!) and 4. one thing is dealing with non-ascii character
sets, although there are likely to be many more problems to adress.