[PD-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD

jamie at postlude.co.uk jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 13:49:59 CET 2007

Mike McGonagle wrote:

> I was just noticing another thread where Hans asked about the [entry]
> object. Have you tried to use this with your 'psql'? It looks very
> interesting, although, it does not output as if it were a message.
> Basically, when I typed in some text...
>
> select id, name from mytable where x = 2;
>
> and it output a list as
>
> list select id\\, name from mytable where x = 2\\\;
>
> yes, the escape characters are there, and there is a comma...

That would definitely be useful if we want to separate the db connection
and the query handler into two separate classes. It might even be possible
to provide the above functionality without using externals. Perhaps an
abstraction with:

|44(

[makefilename %c]

and some [list] magic would do the trick...

Jamie